There’s this small restaurant, on the south east coast of Portugal, where the Atlantic embraces the Mediterranean which serves the best of fish. Clean, fresh and simple. And you get to eat it under a fig tree, surrounded by the sound of cicadas. Here’s a dish inspired by this wonderful place, where I have spent so many of my summers.
Stuffed seabreams with sourdough & chorizo
100 g of stale sourdough bread
30 g of chorizo
15 g of fresh tarragon
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
250g of new potatoes
3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
Pre-heat the oven at 180 C.
Rub the inside and out of the fishes with the lemon. Place them on a baking tray and set aside. In a food processor place the stale bread, chorizo and tarragon and whizz until it resembles a coarse breadcrumb-like mixture. Stuff the seabreams with it and cover them with what’s left of the mixture. Drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
On another tray, place the potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season them with the salt & pepper. Bake with the skins until golden. Remove from the oven and give each one a squash with your thumb. Fry the garlic in the oil until soft and cover the potatoes with it.
- RT @ADHalliwell: A NEW WINE is born! El #Senyal from @CellerAlimara in @DOTerraAlta. This made from 100% #WhiteGrenache aged on lees for 6… 1 day ago
- RT @LaNaveEtnaWines: I simply love my new labels! 🌋 twitter.com/migueldealmeid… 2 days ago
- RT @asterleybros: Badges for #ImbibeLive have arrived! Come and try some of our pre-release London Fernet on Stand E71, leave your f… https… 2 days ago
- New labels are in for the wonderful @lanaveetnawines #premium #craft #boutique #etnaforever… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Right off the bottling line! @CellerAlimara #boutique #premium #craft #winelabeldesigner #packagingdesigner… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago